Also included in
- This bundle is a set of 10 worksheets that cover basic and advanced concepts in classification and taxonomy.I created these resources to be used during a typical year in high school biology course while covering the topics of Linnaean classification, cladistics, and the 6 kingdoms.SAVE OVER 25%! Thi$25.00$35.00Save $10.00
A 7-page worksheet that covers the basic classification concepts of life functions, Linnaean classification, binomial nomenclature, and the 3 domain/4 kingdom model of classification.
- Reading assignment that summarizes the 8 major functions of life, the concept of species, Carolus Linnaeus and his system of classifying living things, binomial nomenclature, taxonomic groups (kingdom, phylum, class, order, family, genus, species), three domains of classification (Archaea, Bacteria, Eukarya), the four kingdoms of Eukarya (Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists), and finally, how humans are classified, as an example.
- Review exercises that cover the major concepts found in the reading section.
- Answer key for all review exercises.
Downloadable in 2 Formats:
- This worksheet comes in 2 formats: a static PDF document and fully-editable PPT document
- Download the detailed preview to get a glimpse of what you are purchasing!
Relevant NGSS Disciplinary Core Idea(s) Addressed by This Product:
NGSS – MS / HS-LS1.A
- Life Science – From Molecules to Organisms: Structures and Processes - Structure and Function
NGSS – MS / HS-LS5.A
- Life Science – Biological Evolution: Unity and Diversity - Evidence of Common Ancestry and Diversity
NGSS – MS / HS-LS5.C
- Life Science – Biological Evolution: Unity and Diversity - Adaptations
You Might Also Like the Following Taxonomy Products:
Connect with More Science With Mr. Enns Resources:
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the Follow Me next to my seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales.
Copyright © Douglas Enns. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this document are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.