A 11-page reading and worksheet
that covers protists
, including their diverse taxonomic nature, general characteristics, their method of locomotion, their method of reproduction, three major groups and each of their subgroups.
Page 1-8: Reading Exercise
Reading assignment that summarizes the following topics:
- Review of the 3 domain system of classification
- Protists: the first eukaryotes
- Common characteristics of protists
- How protists move and the 4 categories (amoeba, ciliates, flagellates, sporozoans)
- How protists reproduce and the 3 categories (asexual, conjugation, sexual)
- The taxonomic dilemma of protists
- The three major groups of protists (animal-like, plant-like, fungi-like)
- Animal-like protists (with sample diagrams)
- Plant-like protists (with sample diagrams)
- Fungi-like protists (with sample pictures)
Pages 8-9: Review Exercises
Review exercises that cover the major concepts found in the reading section. Include short answer, summary charts, interpreting diagrams, and concept application questions.
Pages 10-11: Answer Key
Answer key for all review exercises.
You Might Also Like the Following Worksheets:
BUNDLE – Taxonomy Worksheets (coming soon!)
Taxonomy - Classification of Living Things
Taxonomy - Cladistics and Cladograms
Taxonomy - Archaea and Bacteria
Taxonomy - Viruses - A Special Topic
Taxonomy - Protists
Taxonomy - Fungi
Taxonomy - Plants (coming soon!)
Taxonomy - Animals - Invertebrates (coming soon!)
Taxonomy - Animals - Vertebrates (coming soon!)
Taxonomy - Homo Sapiens, A Special Vertebrate (coming soon!)
Connect with More Science With Mr. Enns Resources:
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the Follow Me
next to my seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales.
Copyright © Douglas Enns
. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this document are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.