PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This pack features 82 flash cards to help teach your students te reo Māori. These include the Māori alphabet, te reo Māori syllables, numbers to ten and the days of the week,
Use these flash cards as part of your Word Work Daily 5 activities, have the children use these with a partner, or send them home as a home-based task. You could also make two sets and play games such as Memory or Go Fish!
Colour and black and white versions are included in this pack!
Sight word recognition improves reading fluency, allowing the student to focus their efforts on the more mentally demanding task of reading comprehension. This resource would be useful in both bilingual and full immersion Māori medium classrooms, as well as an introduction to te reo Māori words for English speaking classes!
In this bundle you will get:
1. Flash cards for the te reo Māori alphabet:
- a, e, h, i, k, m, n, ng, o, p, r, t, u, w, wh
2. Flash cards for the te reo Māori syllables:
- ha, ka, ma, na, pa, ra, ta, wa, nga, wha
- he, ke, me, ne, pe, ra, te, we, nge, whe
- hi, ki, mi, ni, pi, ri, ti, wi, ngi, whi
- ho, ko, mo, no, po, ro, to, wo, ngo, who
- hu, ku, mu, nu, pu, ru, tu, wu, ngu, whu
(pair this with the singing of the song “A ha ka ma na” - link provided within the resource)
3. Ngā nama tuatahi/Numbers to Ten:
- tahi, rua, toru, whā, rima, ono, whitu, waru, iwa, tekau
4. Ngā Rā o te Wiki/Days of the week:
- Rāhina, Rātū, Rāapa, Rāpare, Rāmere, Rāhoroi, Rātapu
5. Information sheets with a pronunciation guide
Directions for use:
We really appreciate your feedback! Leaving feedback earns you TPT credits!
Stay in touch: