Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
4.49 MB | 21 pages
Love the Games "Go Fish!" "Memory" and "Old Maid??"
These are just what you are looking for! Description and rules below. Also use for Bulletin Boards!
You'll need two copies of all ABC card images. The smaller images are the size of playing cards and use high quality JPEG images. The larger images fit two to a 9 by 11 inch printed page and also
utilize quality JPEGs. You can shrink or enlarge them depending upon the needs of your kids.
You can copy on whatever quality of paper you like.
I like to use thick card stock or laminate regular paper.
They are fun and use bright background colors to catch the interest of both boys and girls,
and help facilitate the memory game.
(They could even be used to help teach letters and colors.)
* the purpose of each game is to learn ASL letters. Encourage the students to request the cards using the sign for each letter!! Feel free to begin with only a few ABC cards and work your way up to using all 26 letters as the kids develop skills.
How to play Old Maid
1. Choose the size of your deck. Try beginning with only 7 pairs per diad or small group.
2. Students look at their cards and place any matches to the side.
3. The first player takes a card from the dealers hand without looking at it and adds it to their own card collection. If it completes a match, they place the match to the side. That player then offers their cards to the player to their left, without showing their cards. That person chooses a card and if it completes a match, they put it down. The game continues as such until only the old maid card is left. That person is the "loser" of the game.
You may, if you wish, make losing not such a bad thing. However, you may also help convey the lesson that in life, you can't win 100% of the time and you can still carry on. Life can be worthwhile. You may, if you wish, simply ignore my last few sentences and just have fun!
How to Play Go Fish
for 2 or more players
1. If there are two players, each person can use up to 7 cards. If there are three or more players, use 5 cards each.
2. Place the rest of the cards to the side in a pile.
3. Gamers take turns asking another player if they have a certain letter card. (More experienced players may ask by signing the desired card letter.) If that person does indeed have that card, they have to give it to the student who asked for it. The "asker" then gets another turn.
4. If the other player does not have the desired card they say "GO FISH", and the "asker" has to take a card from the pile. The next player then asks for a letter of their choice.
5. The game continues until all the matches have been made and the player with the most matches wins.
How to play Memory
Here is the basic idea: Object of the game is to make and set aside the most matches!
1. Using two of however many pairs of sign cards you choose, place cards face down in rows in front of you.
2. Turn over two cards.
3. If they match, pick them up and set aside. If they don't match, turn them back over. Remember where the cards are!
4. Continue until all the cards are gone. Winner has the most matches.
Here are some other products that you will find very helpful:
ABCs in ASL Sign Language Alphabet Games https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Teach-ABCs-in-ASL-via-Go-Fish-Old-Maid-Memory-Sign-language-Alphabet-Games-2619805
23 pages of Music Activitries for ALL Teachers of Young Kids https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/23-pages-of-Music-Activities-for-ALL-Teachers-of-young-kids-48-Activities-2584805
43 Pictures of Classroom Music Instruments https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/43-Pictures-of-Classroom-Music-Instruments-for-General-Ed-music-ed-special-ed-2571800
Bingo/Hangman game with classroom music instruments with 8 recordings https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Bingo-Hangman-Game-w-Classroom-music-instruments-WITH-8-MP3-recordings-2567103
4 sets of 3x3 Grids of Common Classroom Instruments for PECs... https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/4-sets-of-3-by-3-Grids-of-common-classroom-instruments-for-PECs-Language-boards-2555950
Set D: 10 Pics of Music Education and Therapy Instruments https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Set-C-10-more-pictures-of-music-education-therapy-classroom-instruments-2514717
Set C: 10 more Pictures of music education and therapy classroom instruments https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Set-B-Pictures-of-10-Classroom-Music-Instruments-for-PECs-Bulletin-Boards-2496822
Set B: Pictures of 10 Classroom music instruments https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/items/edit/2496822
FREEBIE: color coded easy Kids Songs https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/FREEBIE-Color-coded-easy-Kid-Songs-adaptive-music-notation-2396386
5 Color coded easy to Play Kid's music songs https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/5-Color-Coded-Easy-to-Play-Kids-Music-Songs-for-Piano-Keyboard-boomwhackers-2425880
Last 5 color coded Easy Children's music songs https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Last-5-Color-Coded-Easy-Childrens-Music-Songs-4-Piano-Keyboard-boomwhackers-2452338
Hello and Goodbye Songs Compilation https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/items/edit/1415620
The Animals Songs Compilation by Margie La Bella https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/items/edit/2371326
Easy Rhythm Instruments songs for All https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/items/edit/1415612
Motion songs for the physically Disabled https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/items/edit/812301
Social and Relaxation Songs for kids https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/items/edit/812297
Actions Songs for Listening and Auditory Processing https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/items/edit/812292