Learning dialogue tags and how dialogue works is a natural and effective way to introduce children in kindergarten and 1st grade to reading fluently.
This kit includes
an easy 4-step guide to teaching students to read dialogue in phrases and with expression, plus:
• hyperlinked table of contents
• sentence strips
• task cards
• word cards
By identifying the components of dialogue in kid-friendly terms and by practicing reading each part "all together" and "in a storyteller's voice," kids discover that they can bring the printed word alive.
Students benefit from this resource in many ways
• learn to read with phrasing and expression;
• will more easily learn to read fluently;
• focus attention on meaning;
• practice reading high frequency words;
• learn to play an active role in reading.
This activity can be used in a large or small group, or individually.
Thanks for checking out my product!
You can check out my related resources by going to the custom categories at my Teachers Pay Teachers store:
How to get TpT credit to use toward future purchases
1. Go to your My Purchases page.
2. Click on Provide Feedback for the item.
3. Give a rating and a comment—even a short one.
Each time you leave feedback, TpT gives you Feedback Credits that you can apply toward future purchases. It takes just a few seconds!
Be the first to learn about my new freebies, discounts, and products! To become a Follower
, click on the green star next to my store logo, at Many Roads to Reading
Find out more about me
at my website and blog, Many Roads to Reading
or check out my other products at my Teachers Pay Teachers store
I welcome you to contact me by email
with any questions or comments.