Handwriting instruction, initial sounds, and phonetic word practice for kindergarten or beginning first grade. Upgrade your printing instruction to include research-based best-practices with this Occupational Therapist designed practice book and teacher’s guide. Letters are grouped and sequenced so that children use skills they already have to learn new letters. Provide integrated practice for initial sounds and CVC word writing. Each letter grouping gives you three pages so that you can provide adequate instruction and practice before moving onto the next letters. Letters are reviewed at the end of each of the 5 units - the perfect time for progress monitoring. Effective handwriting instruction involves more than providing dashed-line alphabetical-order worksheets to your students!
Lowercase at Last:
• 54 practice pages, 5 Sequential Units.
• Single-stroke formations, most similar to *Handwriting Without Tears
• Path of movement language used to teach and help your children recall letter formations.
• Pages structured to support single stroke formations, which start at their top.
• Gray boxes and go dots serve to help children learn correct motor memory.
• Picture cues serve to use formation practice to reinforce letter sounds.
• CVC word practice, including previously learned letters.
• Multisensory instruction using whole group participation, movement learning, and three songs.
• Letters are specifically sequenced and grouped to help children use skills they already have to learn new letters.
• Group review of letter formations lets you easily see the level of independence for progress monitoring.
• Path of movement language on each instruction worksheet for ease of instruction.
• Group names assist in memory of formations.
• Effective teacher feedback supported by Gray-boxes, Go-dots, and stop sign.
• Culturally inclusive images.
• Illustrations provide phonics and reading connections.
➺ Workbook Table of Contents
➺ Quick Users Guide
➺ Eight Best-Practices for Explicit Instruction of Handwriting
➺ Effective use of Feedback when Teaching Handwriting
➺ Lowercase Path of Movement Language
➺ Songs to teach concepts: 1. Starting at top; 2. Pencil grasp; 3. Tall/short/tail letters
➺ Philosophy, Reasoning, and Handwriting Research
➺ Common Core State Standards: Skills addressed in Lowercase At Last!
* PrintPath uses its own font that more closely resembles Handwriting Without Tears than Zaner-Bloser or D'Nealian. Letters have a vertical alignment, they do not push off the writing line, and it is visually evident that most lowercase letters are made with single strokes. Print Path has its own distinct curriculum with scope, sequence, visual cues, verbal path of movement language, and multisensory methods. If you are looking for the Handwriting Without Tears curriculum follow this link.
This product must be printed directly from your downloaded PDF. If you make copies on a copy machine, the gray scale will be compromised, and many features will be lost.
If you think it is important to TEACH handwriting, you will love these products!
Capitals First!: Book One [PreSchool / Kindergarten]
Capitals First!: Book Two [PreSchool / Kindergarten]
Numbers Next Bundle [PreSchool]
Numbers Next Practice Book [Kindergarten]
Lowercase at Last!: Book One [Kindergarten/ First Grade]
Lowercase at Last!: Book Two [Kindergarten/ First Grade]
Winged Writers [First Grade / Second Grade]
Second Grade Scores or Handwriting Superstars [Second - Third Grade]
Raise the Roof [Third – Fifth Grade]
Lowercase At Last! Books One and Two
can be purchased at a discount in
Kindergarten Handwriting Skills for Wring Fluency MegaBundle
Occupational Therapy & Special Education Handwriting MegaBundle
*************** Teacher Testimonials ****************
✪ Changed the whole way I taught handwriting this year! It really worked with my students and their handwriting is as amazing as possible for their little five-year-old hands :)
✪ Perfect breakdown of skills needed for neater and more functional handwriting! Thank you!
✪ THANK YOU for providing this much-needed supplement to the Handwriting Without Tears curriculum! I like the pencil with the stop sign that gives the children a chance to stop, think, and then do their best work with me watching.
✪ I love this three-line modification of HWT! The third line is a game changer! Thanks for filling that void!
✪ The shaded boxes are so great for letter size!
✪ Thank you so much! I love HWT but I LOVE the three lines!
✪ EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thank you!!! WONDERFUL!
✪ This worked well with both my Kinders and Firsts!
✪ I've been using this with my son, who's home schooled, and absolutely love it. This is really excellent quality!
✪ Great handwriting pages! I really love the information pages at the beginning!
✪ This is EXACTLY what I've wanted for the last few years teaching with HWT. It's so hard to transition to the dotted midline paper, but this solves my headache!! Thank you!!!
✪ Can not wait to incorporate in my Occupational Therapy interventions and RtI program!
✪ I am impressed with the quality of the products from PrintPath. Comprehensive activities and great teaching tips. Thanks!
This product can assist school based Occupational Therapists in supporting Universal Design for Learning (UDL).
Freebies and Discounts!
Follow Print Path on TeachersPayTeachers.com to stay updated on discounts and freebies. New products will be offered for free on occasion or discounted at up to 50% for the first 24 hours.
Comments... Love 'Em!!
Your feedback brightens my day and helps me to continually improve PrintPath products. If you download this product, I'd appreciate it if you'd leave a comment. If you are not entirly satisfied with a resource that you have purchased, please email me, info@PrintPath.org. Thanks!!
You can print unlimited copies for you and your students. However, you may not distribute copies to friends or fellow teachers.
You may be interested in multiple other resources @ my store Print Path
or check out my blog Capitals First!