It's time to make phonological therapy FUN! Gliding can be a persistent phonological process, so you need all the tools possible to eliminate that process. This Teach Phonology series utilizes a range of different learning styles (visual, auditory, tactile) and to teach specific metalinguistic concepts
(sounds can be ‘glide’ or be ‘running’), so that you can engage your students in hands-on and interactive learning that really involves the student at the START of your therapy treatment.
SAVE and get 5 for the price of 6 and grab the Teach Phonology BUNDLE
The Gliding Story is an easy-to-relate-to way to introduce the concepts prior to engaging in minimal pairs therapy.
By using visuals, auditory bombardment and discrimination you can get an idea about the child’s phonological system. These concepts are then carried throughout therapy and can help consolidate the process to other sounds. UPLOAD this story on your iPad for a Phonological Story on the go or laminate and have on the table.
Visual, auditory and tactile activities are suggested so that therapy sessions can be dynamic. You can then introduce minimal pairs. Minimal Pairs cards (in color and blackline) are included for the following sounds:
• L-W (9 pairs - 18 cards)
• R-W (9 pairs - 18 cards)
• L-Y (9 pairs - 18 cards)
• Total of 54 color, 54 black line cards
• Pg. 4-6: Visual, Auditory and Tactile pages with activities to help support the concept
• Pg. 7-8: Minimal Pairs word lists in initial position (with blank cards to draw your own)
• Pg. 9-14: 'Gliding' and 'Running' COLOR visuals and activity sheets to use as part of therapy
• Pg. 15-20: Minimal Pairs cards in COLOR
• Pg. 21-28: A ‘Gliding Story’ which introduces the metalinguistic concepts of ‘running’ and ‘gliding’ sounds handy to laminate and flip through. Opportunities for auditory discrimination and bombardment are provided
• Pg. 29-34: Gliding BLACKLINE visuals and activity sheets to send home for carryover
• Pg. 35-40: Minimal Pairs cards in BLACKLINE - great to color or for homework
• 16 page NO PRINT story is included as a SEPARATE PDF so that you can upload to your iPad, tablet or computer
I hope your kiddos enjoy a new approach to eliminating these processes.
If you need more Teach Phonology Stories,
then see my:
• ‘S’ Cluster Reduction
• Final Consonant Deletion
☀ Follow Me ☀ Visit my Blog
see me on Pinterest