Purpose: students should be able to explain how an understanding of chemistry concepts can be an important tool in the fight for social equity. Students will be introduced to the Flint water crisis, explore how dimensional analysis can help to understand the damaging effects of lead, and analyze a current problem.
What is included?
- Teacher Guide - In Person and Virtual
- Guide to lead discussion about race and environmental justice
- Tips for English learners
- Links to sources and resources.
- Case Study Text (1 pages)
- 1 Dimensional analysis problem and key
- Graphic organizers to help students explore the value of clean water.
- Links to download resources for remote learning.
If you like this product, see the full case study below