Students are able to take charge of their learning and teach their peers on one of the 5 fundamental principles of American government. Students will draw, use magazine pictures, their textbook, and any other available materials to make a poster to teach the class about their specific principle.
This project includes assigning JOBS to the members of each small group. It also comes with a RUBRIC that will provide quick and easy grading, which is the perfect kind of grading! :-)
This performance task is aligned with the Virginia Standards of learning:
CE.2a The student will demonstrate knowledge of the foundations of American constitutional government by:
a) explaining the fundamental principles of consent of the governed, limited government, rule of law, democracy, and representative government.
As a result of this lesson students will be able to do the following skills:
• Understand that fundamental political principles define and shape American constitutional government.
• Identify the fundamental principles of democratic governments from different examples.
• Explain the different fundamental principles of American government.
• Create a poster of one of the fundamental principles of democratic governments.
• Work in groups collaboratively.
• Create own definition for each principle and a picture.
This U.S. Fundamental Principles of Government Project Includes:
Everything students need to know about
the fundamentals of American government for the following standardized tests:
o Virginia SOL’s (Standards of Learning Test
o Florida’s EOC Assessment (End of Course Exam)
o Texas STAAR Exam
Several states require students to pass a Civics/Government social studies test to graduate from high school which include: Alabama, Maryland, Mississippi, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, South Carolina, Texas, and Virginia.
Copyright © The Scholarly Compass 2016
Please be advised that this product is for personal classroom use by a single teacher. If you would like to copy this product for more than one teacher, please download additional licenses, available at 50% off the original price!
You May not:
• Give this item to others.
• Copy this item for use by others.
• Post this item unprotected on a website, including a personal website, classroom website, or district website.
• Copy or modify any part of this document to offer others for free or for sale.
Fonts: Kevin and Amanda Free Scrapbook
Border: Erin Sees
Isabelula's Store (Clip Art and Border)
Clip Art: My Cute Graphics (Free Clip Art)