This Back to School Survival Kit includes all of the extra information you need from parents, but don't have the time to organize yourself! They are perfect for Back to School Night, open houses, or even first of the year parent conferences.
The Scavenger Hunt for your students is the perfect "get up and go" activity they can do at an open house to get to know your classroom better and go over some classroom procedures with their parents.
All of the forms include multiple style options and are in color AND black and white. The parent forms are also included in English AND Spanish!
All of the files (with the exception of the apple poem) are editable in Power Point. Make sure you have Power Point on your computer or it will not open the files correctly. ***Make sure you add your own name and information to the files before printing.***
The kit includes:
* Parent Survey - Parents will be able to give you important information about their kids (allergies, learning goals, etc.) so you don't have to figure it our for yourself. :)
* Classroom Scavenger Hunt - Send your students on a scavenger hunt to get to know your classroom better at a before school open house. A "Hey, Smartie!" card is included so they can have a little prize and note from you when they find their desk.
* Student Information Cards - Have all of your students' information at your fingertips. A front cover is included so you can bind all of the cards into a book. Sometimes hard copies are better than technology if you are in a hurry (missed buses, sick student....you know the drill).
* How Does Your Child Get Home on the First Day form - If you have ever taught Kindergarten, 1st, or 2nd grade, you know the stress of those first few days of school. Have all of the information from their parents IN WRITING! There is nothing worse than "losing" a student after school. This form solves the problem.
* Apple Poem - This cute poem tells parents that they are teachers too and important parts of their child's education. You can cut out the graphic and glue it to the front of a card for your students to give their parents or print off and laminate the bookmarks for parents at Back to School Night or parent conferences.
Your students' parents will be so impressed that you thought of everything!