Teacher Evaluation Binder: Aim for Excellence!
I created this file because it was my year for my summative evaluation. Although my district provided some training for the Charlotte Danielson Framework for Teacher Evaluation, I wanted to learn more about the tools that would be used to assess me as an educator. As a result, I spent a lot time on my own researching more about the framework, the checklists and rubrics for determining the difference between the teacher ratings. I then started to gather evidence, or documentation, for domains one and four. I quickly found that my National Board Certification came in handy for this part of the evaluation process! (When I certified for the National Boards, I had to create a portfolio and also include evidence to “prove” what I was writing in my entries.) I then organized my evidence and paperwork into a binder, ready to show off to my administration during my pre- and post-conference. I hope that this file will help ease the stress that sometimes comes when having to put together a binder- being formally observed can be stressful enough!
Included in this (80 plus page) file is the following:
1. A 5 page PowerPoint file that allows you to insert text boxes and type in your own name t personalize the your binder cover page, and also insert text boxes to type in your evidence for the 4 domains
2. A 77 page PDF of the following:
- Directions and tips for how to create your own binder
- Four colorful cover pages for each of the different domains
- Several photographs of ideas for what I used as evidence for the domains
- Ideas for artifacts/evidence for the different components of teacher responsibility
- A list of all the elements for the 22 components of teacher responsibilities, which define the content and the structure of the discipline- for you to add as pages into your binder
** Note- The ideas presented in this file are to give you inspiration and suggest what you can use for your own evidence. This resource gives you guidance to personalize your binder according to YOUR students and YOUR teaching style!
Questions? Please email me if you have any questions, prior to purchasing!