This year when considering gift ideas for my teacher-friends, I began considering what brings ME the most joy as a teacher. I am a bit embarrassed to say that the "teachery" things that make me the happiest are:
• A school bag with graded papers that have already been entered into the grade book.
• When the copier is working.
• Students that include part of the question in their answers.
• Student names on EVERY paper.
• Recess duty on a sunny day!
Clearly, I am not hard to please! You can be honest, those are a few of your favorite things too, right?! We are teachers, joy comes easily...we are appreciative for sharpened pencils, glue sticks with caps, markers that haven't dried out, and jeans on Fridays.
So this year, instead of scouring the shelves of Target or Pinteresting until my brain is ready to explode, I have decided to gift my teacher pals with things that don't come from store shelves, in bottles with corks, or in orderly six-packs! Instead, I decided to create a sensible gift that can benefit my teacher comrades for months to come...a Happy, Merry Everything Gift Book!
• add some festive ribbon or twine
• and AMAZE your teacher buddies with your kindness
Cover that recess or bus duty because those are the sweet gestures that teachers appreciate most!
Happiest Holidays to you!