This emergent reader little book will help young students practice early reading skills, while celebrating the beginning of the school year!!
This story uses a predictable pattern, "Teacher, teacher, what do you see?" to support emerging readers. The following school vocabulary words are included: teacher, backpack, crayons, glue, scissors, paint, school bus, and children.
This book includes the same text on both the top and bottom of each sheet of paper to make copying, sorting, stapling, and cutting easy to create a class set of little books!!
**Click here for the matching Shared Reading PowerPoint!!**
If you like this emergent reader with a “back to school” theme,
you might like some of my other “back to school” little books for beginning readers.
**In Our Classroom… A Book About Classroom Rules**
**We Are Good Listeners**
**My Feelings… Great for an All About Me Theme**
**We Can Help at Our School**
**I Like School**
If you are looking for more back to school resources,
you might want to check out these:
*September Math Question of the Day*
* Back to School Math and Literacy Centers*
* Back to School Literacy Practice Pages*
* Back to School Counting Sets Independent Practice*
* Back to School Graphing Independent Practice*
* Back to School Patterning Independent Practice*
* Back to School Lowercase Alphabet Bingo Games*
* I Like School Emergent Reader*
* Sight Word Mats for Dolch Pre-Primer Words with a Jungle School theme*
Thanks for looking and happy teaching!!