This is the perfect tool for Professional Learning Communities (PLC's), teacher workshop trainings, or individual teacher study of the Common Core Vocabulary and Language Standards! There are three interactive activities and a wealth of information!
1. Analyze the Common Core Vocabulary and Language Standards by breaking down the standards into key words and phrases and comparing to the expectations of state standards (Florida is the example given) so that teachers realize the rigor of the standards.
2. Learn the 6 Vocabulary Cheats---Word Parts, Connotation, Context Clues, Multiple Meanings, Word Relationships, and Analyzing Words and Phrases---and how these can help students become independent users of vocabulary strategies.
3. Understand the Three Tiers of Vocabulary.
4. Analyze an article for Tier Two vocabulary words.
5. Analyze potential vocabulary words for the "Vocabulary Cheats" that students could use to unlock the meanings.
Presenter directions are included in the "Notes" section of each slide. Link to relevant article to analyze is also included.
Other products that support this presentation:
The 6 Vocabulary Cheats Handout
The 6 Vocabulary Cheats Poster