Journeys Unit 1
Focus Wall Posters p.4-13
Story Structure House p.14-17
Teacher’s Pet Vocab Foldable p.18-21
Roll a Spelling Word p.22-24
-ed and –ing Activity sheets p.25-26
Five Fab Pets Sheet p.27
If I was a fish in my classroom Writing and Activity p.28-31
Spelling and High Frequency Practice p.32-33
Singular and Plural Noun Foldable p.34-35
Teacher’s Pets Tri-Fold p.36-37
Thanks and Credits p.38
Explanation of Pack
Story Structure Houses: Students cut out the different parts of the house and build the house. This helps explain to students that a story is like a house and has a structure. It wouldn’t be a whole house without the other pieces. Have your class fill it out about Teacher’s Pet! Make sure to have them glue it down on construction paper so that it all fits.
2. Teacher’s Pet Vocab Foldable: Print these pages back to back. Students fold these pages “hot dog” ways. They fill out the foldable accordingly. If they are struggling with the definition portion, they can look it up in the glossary at the back of their book.
3. Roll a Spelling Word: Students practice their spelling words during this activity.
4. ED& ING Activities: Students practice writing ing and ed ending words.
5. Five Fab Pets Sheet: Student’s list and draw their favorite kinds of pets.
6. If I was a fish in my classroom. Writing and Craftivity:.
Students write about what they would see each day if they were a fish in a fish bowl in their own classroom. They then cut out the fish bowl color it in with water. They then will color and cut out the fish, and put a picture of their face in the circle.
7. Spelling and High Frequency Practice: This is helping practice spelling words and high frequency words. They practice tracing, writing, and rainbow writing the words.
8. Singular & Plural Foldable: Print sheets back to back. Students fold sheets “hot dog” ways, and fill it out accordingly.
9. Teacher’s Pets Tri-Fold: Print these pages front to back. The paper will fold like a brochure. Students will use the story to fill out the Tri-Fold.