Imagine the following scenario:
You have just started working as an ESL teacher. Or you may be a mainstream teacher with little to no experience in teaching English learners. Heck, you may be an experienced ESL/mainstream teacher who hasn't had to work with a newcomer for a while!
And you've just gotten a new student who speaks no English. At all.
Where do you begin? What and how do you teach? What do you even need to know before you embark on this (English) teaching journey?
The Teaching Absolute Beginners: an ESL Teacher's Handbook is an ebook that will answer the above questions and more!
What you will find inside the ebook:
- information about how we acquire another language and stages of language acquisition
- a comprehensive list of suggested topics to cover at the very beginning so your students feel like they have power
- strategies to use when teaching absolute beginners
- steps to creating a perfect lesson plan
- tips of how to collaborate with classroom teachers
- language acquisition chart
- a printable checklist and lesson plan templates (for individual and collaborative planning)
- printable lists of the most useful phrasal verbs and idioms
- a page with best resources for both elementary and secondary English learners
It is simple, straightforward and actionable
Why should you buy Teaching Absolute Beginners: an ESL Teacher's Handbook?
You are a busy teacher and sometimes you need the information right here, right now. And that's exactly what you get - no-fluff, ready-to-utilize tips that will help you succeed in as little time as possible:
- the most important topics covered in just 7 easy-to-read chapters
- tools that will help you implement in the classroom right away
- ideas that will help you collaborate with other teachers more effectively
Are you ready to rock?