Are you looking for a complete unit on how to teach characterization? Whether you are a new teacher, or a teacher looking for a new twist on a lesson, this complete unit offers everything you need to help your students understand and analyze characters in literature. The 168-page unit includes the following:
• An overview of the lesson plan and complete instructions on how to teach each section of the characterization lesson as well has how to conduct continued practice with your students.
• Student checklist of CCSS standards addressed during the lesson
• 31 slide complete lesson on characterization
• 32 Task Cards to help students identify different characteristics.
• Answer sheet and key
• 65 slide presentation that shows each task card plus an additional slide with the answer. This can be used to correct the task card answers, but also as a review game for students. Students can work alone or in teams, perhaps using white-boards, to identify common characteristics.
• 20-Slide presentation on how to write a character analysis
• Graphic organizer for basic character analysis
• 12-Slide presentation on writing a more complex character analysis with graphic organizer to accompany the lesson.
• Student form for peer correction of character analysis
• Student checklist for success
• Character study worksheet for taking notes during the story.
• List of basic character traits with examples and synonyms.
• Sample story with 22-slide presentation as a model for writing a character analysis.
Cite the textual evidence that most strongly supports an analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text
Analyze how particular lines of dialogue or incidents in a story or drama propel the action, reveal aspects of a character, or provoke a decision
Thanks for your interest in my products. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.