Your students will get lots of empathy practice with these 42 task cards! Each card features a situation relatable to teens, where the student must work through questions to develop and show empathy.
Regular education teachers, special education teachers, SLPs, or other support professionals could all benefit from using these task cards with their students. These cards are specifically designed for middle and high school aged students.
The expectations and complexity of language rapidly increases once students hit middle school and high school. I find students can have difficulty "putting themselves in another' shoes" which can significantly impact on their ability to develop and maintain friendships and relationships. Developing and SHOWING empathy is a key skill for adolescents in order to develop and nurture friendships. It is a skill that increases in demand at school, at home and as students enter the workplace.
*These task cards can be used for an individual, a small group or a class*
- Use the cards as a ‘side activity’ during a board game at home
- Use these cards as a drill/flashcards to practice developing and showing empathy.
Small group and/or classroom ideas:
- Put the task cards up in different parts of the room (or outside!) and have students walk around with the room with their answer sheets and clip boards.
- Have students get into pairs and go on a walk around the room and talk about their answers and thoughts together!
- Use a card or two each morning as part of a guided class discussion.
- Use the cards as a guide for a quiz. Use the flashcards to ask the class the questions, and get the students to write their answers on a sheet to hand up.
Includes coloured and black and white version.
More products like this:
Follow my store to get notifications for new products, sales and freebies!