The Teaching Grammar and Mechanics Interactive Notebook Grade 4
will help your students master each of the Common Core grade-level grammar and mechanics Standards. This rigorous, fun, and easy-to-teach interactive notebook is neither a fact-filled collection of boring lecture notes, nor a time-wasting portfolio of art projects.
The parts of speech and spelling rules review unit download is provided free of charge for teachers to assess the quality of this curriculum. Please follow me to get product revisions. The FREE DOWNLOAD here on TpT includes the first two weeks of the opening review unit with lessons on the conventional spelling rules and parts of speech, plus the first biweekly unit test with answers.
Or sign up for my weekly newsletter here and get the entire four-week review unit e-mailed to your inbox now for FREE.
This download also includes the second biweekly unit test, plus whole class grammar and usage, mechanics, and spelling diagnostic assessments with 28 remedial parts of speech and spelling rules worksheets (with answers) to remediate any still unmastered concepts or skills following the review unit. My newsletter will provide the release dates for the rest of the full year Teaching Grammar and Mechanics Interactive Notebook program with special customer discounts on this reasonably priced program.
Check out the features of Teaching Grammar and Mechanics Interactive Notebook Grade 8
* Grade-level 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 programs aligned to the Common Core (alignment documents included). This grade-level specific program is NOT a one volume grades 4-8 collection too rigorous for fourth graders but too juvenile for eighth graders.
* Lessons designed in the interactive Cornell Notes format with plenty of online links to help students practice. Students are provided the full note-taking text and write only the examples from the teacher display. LESS time copying and MORE time learning.
* Each of the 64 lessons focuses on one grammar and one mechanics concept or skill. Lessons take 30−40 minutes, twice per week.
* In lessons 9−64, students practice both grammar and mechanics with sentence revisions. Check out the example at the end of the download. Students self-correct from answers on the display. Plenty of practice in this program.
* In lessons 9−64, students complete brief grammar and mechanics sentence dictations to formatively assess whether they have achieved mastery.
* Students read, laugh, and respond to 64 color grammar cartoons by master cartoonist, David Rickert.
That’s teaching grammar in the reading context.
* Students complete a brief writing application of the grammar skill or rule. No learning grammar in isolation.
* Students use their grammar and mechanics notes to label, color, cut, and glue 3d graphic organizers
from the creative Tangstar templates. These foldables are perfect for review or use as a resource on tests.
* A color photo of the finished 3d graphic organizers for each lesson includes step-by-step directions to help students follow the model and work independently. No need to create a teacher INB; it’s done for you and for absent student make-up work.
* Minimal preparation and correction.
Just copy off two or three student pages and set out the materials. Students self-correct throughout every INB lesson and with the remedial worksheets to learn from their mistakes and save you time.
* Biweekly unit tests with answers
assess definition, identification, and application of the grammar and mechanics concepts and skills.
* Whole class diagnostic mechanics, grammar, and spelling rule assessments
test previous grade-level Standards. Progress monitoring matrices included.
* 97 total targeted remedial worksheets
(in the full year program) correspond to every test item in the diagnostic assessments to help your students “catch up while they keep up” with grade-level instruction. Students complete the worksheet practice, self-correct and edit from the answer booklets, take a brief formative assessment, and mini-conference with you to assess whether students have mastered the Standard.
We still offer our one volume traditional Teaching Grammar and Mechanics
program. Take a look if the interactive notebook is just not for you.
Check out my blog article here
on Ten Reasons to Use Interactive Notebooks. And please follow me for product updates.