Products in this Bundle (5)
Also included in
- STEM Challenges are brain-busting work disguised as fun -- when you do them right! In this 6-hour professional development, you'll learn everything you need to know to confidently implement rigorous & standards-based STEM Challenges. Plus, you'll get additional resources to use in your classroom$47.00$66.20Save $19.20
How do you teach students to not give up or shut down when STEM Challenges seem too hard? It's one thing to tell them to have a growth mindset, never give up, and keep trying and another thing altogether to teach them to actually do that!
Growth mindset is a skill that has to be taught. Like most everything else, talking the talk means nothing if you don't walk the walk!
This bundle focuses specifically on helping your students understand how to handle frustration and failure productively during STEM Challenges, so that they continue to make an effort and learn as much from their failures as their successes.
The bundle includes:
- 15-minute training video leading you step-by-step through the discussion you'll have with your students. Examples of what to say given various student responses is included.
- Printable discussion guide that you can keep on your clipboard as you navigate the discussion with students [5 pages, PDF and editable in PPT & Google Slides (TM)]
- Editable "Getting Un-Stuck" procedure poster to guide students out of shutdown & frustration and into positive action [letter size, in PPT and Google Slides(TM)]
- 15 motivational quotes [PDF]
- STEM Ideals Growth Mindset posters & activities
- Editable STEM Challenge Templates.
- While you'll get access to lesson planning, recording/reflecting, and criteria & constraints templates, the main reason for adding this resource to the bundle is for the assessments. These rubrics help you guide your students toward the behaviors you want to encourage around facing frustration & shutdown with productive, positive action!
- Plus, you're invited to follow up via email with your questions after the training