Your DEFINITIVE GUIDE for teaching how to write PARAGRAPHS and ESSAYS in a step-by-step way that encourages students to become independent writers.
This is a HOW-TO for writing stand-alone PARAGRAPHS and complete ESSAYS for students in grades 5 - 10.
TWO PAIRED HI-LO articles RL 4.9 grade IL 5 - 12th grades
ANCHOR paragraphs & essays
This WRITING Resource is 125 pages of PROCESS-BASED Examples, Hand Outs, and How-To's for
- Thesis Statements
- Topic Sentences
- Text-to-text / Self / World Connections
It also includes
• Teaching Timeline
• Process for Teaching Paragraphs
• Process for Teaching Essays
• Visual Checklist--Color Coding
• Frames & Hand Outs
• Anchor Essay
• Two paired nonfiction articles, "The Life in Antarctica" and "The Marvelous Manta" written at a 4th grade reading level
Understand how to teach the parts of a paragraph and essay in a new way.