Teaching Music Reading Skills (TMRS) is a method of teaching that begins in Kindergarten and is built on Kodaly's philosophy of singing and signing.
My method book is for the elementary classroom music teacher and also a supplemental resource for the college methods class—eBook PDF format for download. Includes a video of beginning recorder class with 3rd graders.
This is also a method—
• Based on the concept of learning language;
• That has evolved as a result of over 30 years of use in the elementary music classroom;
• That works with a wide spectrum of learners—students with autism, exceptional ed students, life skills students, gifted students;
• That has been successful in inner city and suburban schools;
• Encourages differentiated learning.
Includes 5 videos in an interactive PDF book file. Buy now and be ready for the fall.There are activities, lesson plans, and assessments, all based on the standards.
By consistently using this method of repetition and reinforcement, children will gain a confidence in their music reading skills and will be better prepared to begin learning how to play the recorder in 3rd grade.
NOTE: Be sure you have a PDF reader. Some readers will not show the videos. This PDF download can be viewed on an iPad, Kindle, or other eReader. However, the videos will only show by using an app such as PDF Expert. The videos will open on any computer.