If you are looking for a fun way to teach your students about "author's purpose", you just found it! I have provided 3 different yummy writing activities (one for each purpose: to persuade, to inform, and to entertain) using 3 different genres for writing (letter, how to, and journal). You could celebrate at the end of this unit by having milk and chocolate chip cookies!
This bundle contains 3 different activities, one for each purpose for writing: To Persuade, To Inform, and To Entertain.
To Eat or Not To Eat Cookies (Author's Purpose: To Persuade)
- Letter to the Principal (Teacher Directions)
- Reasons To Eat or Not To Eat Graphic Organizer
- Letter to the Principal (Student Directions)
- Letter to the Principal Writing Page
How To Make Chocolate Chip Cookies (Author's Purpose: To Inform)
- Ingredients Brainstorming Graphic Organizer
- Descriptive Word Graphic Organizer
- How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies Sequence
- How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies Final Copy (2 pages)
Diary of a Chocolate Chip Cookie (Author's Purpose: To Entertain)
- Chocolate Chip Journal Entry (Teacher Directions)
- Cookie Character Traits Graphic Organizer
- Five Different Diary Pages