This is Unit to teach dialogue tag usage and writing quotations within text. It includes an original FALL story. Students use this passage as a jumpstart to the whole unit.
1) An Original Fall Story entitled, "Fall Leaves" for students to analyze before writing their own stories
2) Dialogue Tag Rule Sheet with EXAMPLES
3) Dialogue Connections to substitute the word SAID while writing
4) Dialogue Tag Flipbook to practice punctuation rules for writing quotations (to use with the story "Fall Leaves"
5) Student graphic organizer for prewriting stage in the writing process (space for characters' names, plot divided into beginning, middle, end), dialogue tag choices, Fall activities (for plot and event ideas)
6) A student rubric is included for you to assess students' writing using dialogue tags and quotations within text.
7) A separate "Teacher Instructional Plan" is included.
You don't need anything! NO PREP work at all!! All you might need is some books to model quotations or just have the students use their independent reading books:)