Are you having trouble eliciting R blends, vocalic R, or prevocalic R? Have no fear! Teaching R makes it easy! This is a step-by-step, easy-to-follow, approach to correct that darn R. It includes a ton of help for vocalic r and r blends, as well as custom visuals, informational handouts, and homework sheets for added support to take the stress out of treating R!
↠ Please note: This resource focuses on retroflex R but most of its contents can apply to bunched as well! There are additional strategies for both bunched and retroflex R included in the "Extras" at the end of the packet. Most pages are black and white but some include color.
I strongly encourage you to check out the GROWING R BUNDLE!
You buy it once and you download future R resources I create
It includes the full Teaching R resource and everything else you need to help your R students overcome common obstacles and finally graduate from speech!
○ "It works!"
○ “I love, love, LOVE this! Even if the student doesn't retroflex, this material is useful!”
○ "I am always looking for new "R" products and this one has been a favorite!"
○ "Loving this already and only used once. The visuals are super!"
○ "WHERE HAS THIS VISUAL BEEN ALLLL MY (SLP) LIFE?! Very helpful visual cues!"
○ "I can't tell you how many of my kiddos have been successful with this method!"
○ "What a fantastic resource for that tricky /r/ sound! I've only just started using it, but have already seen success with it! Thank you SO much for this!!"
○ "This helped some of my elementary kiddos get their 'ar' and 'er' right away, after weeks of unsuccessful trying!"
○ Helpful Handouts
○ R Pre-Checks
○ Step-by-step visuals and in-depth cues to FINALLY get that retroflex R
○ 8 pages of teaching materials and visuals for final and medial AR
○ 14 pages of practice materials for AR
○ 2 pages of teaching materials and visuals for final and medial ER
○ 14 pages of practice materials for ER
○ 4 pages of teaching materials and visuals for all vocalic R
○ 14 pages of practice materials for EAR
○ 14 pages of practice materials for AIR
○ 14 pages of practice materials for IRE
○ 14 pages of practice materials for ER
○ 14 pages of practice materials for OR
○ 6 pages of practice materials for mixed final vocalic R
○ 8 pages of practice materials for mixed medial vocalic R
○ 3 additional pages of practice materials for all mixed vocalic R
○ 4 pages of teaching materials and visuals for prevocalic R
○ 5 pages of practice materials for prevocalic R
○ 8 pages of teaching materials and visuals for R blends
○ 4 pages of practice materials for R blends
○ 3 pages of teaching materials and visuals for RL blends
○ 2 pages of practice materials for RL blends
○ Extra "Bonus" Handouts
○ This resource is NO PREP! Just print and go - or pull it up on your device for no print.
○ Make it NO PRINT by pulling it up on your tablet!
● This resource is included in my GROWING R BUNDLE! As I create more R-specific resources, they will be added to the bundle and the price will increase.
● R Puzzles (perfect visual and tactile cue for tricky vocalic R kids)
○ Push the green star! Follow my store to see new resources always 50% off!
○ TpT Credits: Review purchased products to get credits toward your next purchase
○ If you have a question or issue, you can email me at email@example.com or leave a Question in my store. It is important to me that you are happy with your purchases!
● VIP Emails : Get access to my freebie library, exclusive deals, and therapy tips!
● Instagram : I’m here most often – therapy ideas, Q&A’s, and daily life!
● Blog : Find helpful ideas and reviews for your therapy room!
This resource is copyrighted by Lindsey Hockel, MS, CCC-SLP, owner of ©Speechy Things™ . Purchase of this item is intended for use by a single customer and is not to be shared with other professionals. If someone is interested in this resource, please direct them to my store. You are, however, welcome and encouraged to send pages home with students as needed. Thank you for your support and understanding!