The Teaching Reading Strategies (Intervention Program) is designed for non-readers or below grade level readers ages eight-adult.
This full-year, 55 minutes per day program provides both word recognition and language comprehension. If you're familiar with Scarborough's Rope and the Simple View of Reading, this affordable and comprehensive science of reading-based program is exactly what you've been looking for to improve the reading ability of your older, struggling readers in the shortest amount of time.
Click the PLAY BUTTON below the book cover to see the video preview for each of the word recognition instructional resources.
Word Recognition Focus (First 18 Weeks)
Over 3,000 interactive Google slides to teach the Daily 5 Activities:
- Phonemic and Morphological Awareness
- Blending, Segmenting, and Spelling
- Sounds and Spelling independent practice
- Heart Words independent practice
- Sam and Friends Phonics Books decodables (digital and print-ready books for each of the 54 lessons)
Plus, Sound Boxes and Personal Sound Walls review.
Note: If interested solely in the above Google slide word recognition activities and decodables for a half-year, 55 minutes per day program, The Science of Reading Intervention Program provides these same instructional resources at a reduced price.
Teaching Reading Strategies also includes placement and mid-year diagnostic phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, and spelling assessments with corresponding resources to differentiate phonemic awareness, phonics, spelling, and fluency instruction.
Language Comprehension Focus (Last 18 Weeks)
CHECK THE PREVIEW TO SEE SAMPLES OF THE LANGUAGE COMPREHENSION RESOURCES.
Over 1,000 pages of print-ready and digital resources (not included :
- Expository articles with comprehension worksheets
- 123 multi-level reading fluency modeled reading videos, recorded at three different reading speeds for optimal reading fluency practice
- 102 spelling pattern worksheets
- Reading strategies lessons
- Writing and syntax worksheets
- 56 CCSS standards-based vocabulary worksheets (Multiple Meaning Words and Context Clues (L.4.a.) Greek and Latin Word Parts (L.4.a.) Language Resources (L.4.c.d.) Figures of Speech (L.5.a.) Word Relationships (L.5.b.) Connotations (L.5.c.) Academic Language Words (L.6.0)
- Syllable lessons and worksheets
- Reading, spelling, and vocabulary game cards (PDF print-ready) to play entertaining learning games
Both new and veteran reading teachers will appreciate the user-friendly resources in this program, written by a teacher (M.A. reading specialist) for teachers and their students. No extensive training, minimal prep and correction, and it's easy to teach! Reading instruction may, indeed, be "rocket science," as Louisa Moats claims, but teachers don't have to be rocket scientists to teach this program with success.