Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
Presented at Economics Wisconsin 9th Annual "Get Your Students Pumped Up on Personal Finance and Economics!" at Lambeau Field, Green Bay, WI. 2015, 2012, 2011
This is my entire unit for teaching about stock markets and investing.
Use any of the lessons, ideas, activities, and other curriculum materials to help enhance your Stock Market unit!
Here is what is included in this:
1. Why it isn't a good idea to keep your savings in the cookie jar or mattress.
2. When is it a good time to begin saving and investing?
3. Your new best friend - the magic of compounding.
4. What are stocks?
5. What are bonds?
6. How to read a stock quote.
7. Stock choosing strategies for beginners.
8. What are mutual funds?
9. Finding the "hidden gem", learning about the various sectors and industries of the US economy.
10 The Ups and Downs of Selling Short.
B. Teacher created play - The Coffee Shop
C. The entire unit packet that my students use. It is about 44 pages that contains all of the readings, assignments and other curriculum materials for this unit.