PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
4.79 MB | 30 pages
Introduce and practice the concept of syllables by breaking down complicated syllable rules into strategies kids can actually use for chunking, segmenting, and decoding larger words. This resource offers easy answers and activities to help you teach the first 3 Syllable Types-Closed, Silent-e and Open. (30 Pages)
Six written syllable-spelling conventions are used in English spelling.
These were regularized by Samuel Webster to justify his 1806 dictionary’s division of syllables.
* Did you know....? The title of this product: "I Hope for Gum," contains one example of each syllable type!
Inside you will find:
- Syllable Information Sheet
- Closed Syllable Anchor Chart
- Closed Syllable Match and Recording Sheet
(24 word cards & 1 recording sheet)
- Open Syllable Anchor Chart
- The Gumball Game (1 board game & 72 word cards)
- Silent-‐e Syllable Anchor Chart
- Silent-‐e / Closed Syllable Memory (54 cards)