HIGHLY DIFFERENTIATED BEST SELLER!! Aligns with State and Common Core Standards!
Students first learn theme vocabulary and topics before progressing to identifying the theme in the story.
The materials can be used for whole group instruction, small group, remediation, centers, home school, summer school, and as individual assessments.
Included are the following materials:
Understanding Theme Vocabulary Activity
Understanding Theme Topics
2 Theme Posters
3 Theme Graphic Organizers
4 Levels of Differentiated Answer Sheets for Task Cards with Keys
Differentiation: Set 1 Task Cards 1-8: Have an optional worksheet with graphics to aid comprehension, or without to increase rigor.
Set 1 Task Cards 9-16: The worksheet has four levels of differentiation (multiple choice 4 choice, 3 choice, and 2 choice, and open ended write the theme statement) but has no graphic options.
Set 2 Task Cards 1-8: Set 2 has three levels of differentiation and was created to deepen understanding and extend learning of theme.
Set 1 and 2 Task Cards-Open Ended Write the Theme: This is a fourth option to raise rigor across all task cards, where students craft their own theme statement and identify the theme topic.
Task Card Set 1. 1-16
1. Little Red Riding Hood ( Brothers Grimm)
2. The Three Little Pigs (English Fairy Tale)
3. The Ant and the Grasshopper (Aesop)
4. The Lion and the Mouse (Aesop)
5. Beauty and the Beast (French Fairy Tale)
6. The Ugly Duckling (Hans Christian Anderson)
7. The Tortoise and the Hare (Aesop)
8. The Boy Who Cried Wolf (Aesop)
9. The Three Wishes (English Folk Tale)
10. The Fox and the Crab (Aesop)
11. The Little Red Hen ( Russian Tale)
12. Cinderella (French Fairy Tale)
13. Goldilocks and the Three Bears (English Fairy Tale)
14. Why Bears Have Short Tails (Iroquois Legend)
15. The Three Billy Goats Gruff (Norwegian Fairy Tale)
16. Hansel and Gretel (Brothers Grimm)
Task Cards Set 2. 1-8 Challenge Cards
1. The Legend of Beaver and the Muskrat (Menomni Indian Folktale)
2. Lion in Love (Aesop)
3. A Fable of Love and Time (Author Unknown)
4. Two Fellows and a Bear (Aesop)
5. How the Deer Got his Antlers (Cherokee Legend)
6. The Story of Urashima Tarou (Japanese Legend)
7. The Crocodile and the Monkey (Indian Legend)
8. The Lion and His Fear (Aesop)
CONSIDER PURCHASING THESE ADDITIONAL THEME PRODUCTS!
This is set two theme task cards which focuses on theme in three different genres: realistic fiction, science fiction, and historical fiction.
A great companion to Teaching Theme Task Cards: Fairy Tales, Fables, and Legends!
PURCHASE THIS BEST SELLER!
A fantastic introductory theme Unit-great if you are new to teaching theme! Great for Grades 2 through 4, and can be easily adapted for special needs students. Teaches theme and supporting detail using realistic fiction, legends, and folk tales. Theme task card sets 1 and 2 are great follow-up activities after teaching this theme unit!