Teaching Verb Mood for Middle School Students (Practice, Writing Connection, Quiz) by Dianne Watson.
I created these materials to help me teach this common-core standard to my middle school students because I found material for the middle school level sorely lacking.
The materials include
1. A tip-sheet on the four basic verb moods: indicative, imperative, interrogative, and subjunctive.
2. Examples of incorrect versus correct use of the subjunctive mood. (A short writing connection follows.)
3. Practice identifying the four moods with answer key.
4. An activity identifying the subjunctive mood in the real world with answer key.
5. Practice differentiating between indicative and subjunctive mood with a short writing connection.
6. A completion activity using eleven different subjunctive mood sentence models with possible answers.
7. Correcting errors in subjunctive mood with answer key.
8. Three writing connection ideas.
9. Websites useful for teachers to brush up on this topic.
Teaching Verb Mood for Middle School Students
by Dianne Watson
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License