Teaching verbals to middle school students is a challenge--as is all grammar. These materials break down the concepts of infinitives, participles, and gerunds into easy-to-understand chunks.
Writing sentences using verbals is included.
Showing authentic writing using verbals is included.
The materials include the following:
1. Study guide sheet for verbals in general
2. Study guide sheet for infinitives with examples
3. Study guide sheet for participles with examples
4. Study guide sheet for gerunds with examples
5. Smart Chart with practice exercises for infinitives
6. Smart Chart with practice exercises for participles
7. Smart Chart with practices exercises for gerunds
(The Smart Charts help students also differentiate between a gerund or a participle, etc.)
8. Construction models for writing sentences using verbals (one for each type).
9. Finding verbals in authentic writing using an excerpt from The Hunger Games.
10. Blank smart charts for additional practice with workbook pages, textbook pages, and teacher-made practices exercises.
Teaching Verbals for Middle School
by Dianne Watson
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License