Also included in
- MIDDLE SCHOOL COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY COURSE - GOOGLE DRIVE BASEDHow to access the shared Google Folder:Download the BONUS FILE on this bundle. Click the link on page 1 to request access. Email me your username and purchase date to verify your purchase (or your order id#). I will then grant immediate ac$200.00$234.50Save $34.50
This is an extremely thorough Website Design Unit designed for the IB MYP Design classes. Please note that this can also be used in non IB courses. Students will learn to make a website using the Design Cycle in an E-Portfolio Format.
Included in this folder are all of the files below, and the folder also contains a link to a SHARED GOOGLE DRIVE FOLDER where you can make editable COPIES of each resource below.
Click HERE to view a video introducing this assignment!
- Example E-Portfolio made on Google Sites (view mode only)
- IB Task Specific Rubrics for Web Design
- Criterion A - Inquiring and Analyzing
- Criterion B - Developing Ideas
- Criterion C - Creating the Solution
- Criterion D - Evaluating
- A combined rubric A - D
- 38 Page Design Cycle Worksheet
- A student exemplar of Criterion A - C of the Design Cycle Worksheet is also included.
- New Google Sites Tutorial
- Classic Google Sites Tutorial
- 3 Different Formats of Checklists for Students
- Peer Collaborative form for website links
This is an outline of the IB Design Criteria A - D. I have separated each of the strands into individual questions. I have found that this has been very helpful for my 6th grade students. This specific unit was based on a Web Design Unit, and I have listed unit specific prompts/examples in purple text throughout the unit.
Specifics of the 38 page worksheet:
Design Cycle Project Title: Website Design
Global Context: Science & Technical Innovation
Design Situation: Efficient web design is a critical component of the 21st century (aka Information Age). Web design skills are becoming increasingly necessary for academic and career opportunities. The range of web design layouts is limitless; design and present an ePortfolio with the layout of your choice to showcase your exemplar projects and your web design skills.
This is also included in my Computer Tech Course (which includes FREE lifetime updates).