Teaching with comic and/or cartoons is a great way to get student engaged in their learning process. What kid doesn't like comic strips? Teaching students how to read and create political comics / cartoons requires not only the basics of blooms such as comprehension and understanding, but encourages students to reach higher by applying and analyzing the details around the topic they are exploring.
This lesson is very versatile and can be used to cover a wide-range of topics related to history, current or future events within the world geography, history, civics, etc. classrooms.
Includes all that is needed:
• Samples of political cartoons with analysis.
• Cartoon strip reproducibles
• Speaking and thinking bubbles reproducibles
• Detailed teacher instructions including introduction, procedure, and closure/evaluation
• Resources for digital classrooms
• How to analyze political cartoons handout
• Create a cartoon plan sheet
• Tone and Mood reproducible
Note: this lesson may take up to 90 minutes depending on the ability level and work-pace of your students.