This white paper offers educators a vehicle to teach students more effectively, while addressing the Common Core State Standards using a blended learning model that combines face-to-face instruction with asynchronous work done online.
I. Executive Summary
II. Rise in Blended Learning in K-12
III. The History of Academic Standards in the United States
IV. The Case for Using Collaborize Classroom to Address the Standards and Improve Learning for All Students
1. Technology Integration
2. Online Discussions: Improve Speaking and Listening Skills
3. Writing Across the Curriculum
4. Increase and Maintain Interest in STEM Subjects
5. Teaching Media Literacy
6. Differentiating Instruction.
7. Engaging Higher Order Thinking
V. Conclusion: Benefits of Using Collaborize Classroom to Create a Blended Learning Model to Address the Common Core State Standards