Team Building Activity
Sequencing and Figurative Language
This ELA Team Building
activity will help students practice reading comprehension skills and figurative language writing while working as a team. During the sequencing activity, students will work together to put a fable about teamwork into the correct order. Then, they’ll work collaboratively to answer reading comprehension questions about the fable. Finally, they’ll reflect on their experiences as a team and use figurative language to express the value of teamwork while making a team pennant banner. This activity is designed to tap into students' academic and social/emotional learning.
Perfect for back to school, a special team building event, state testing days, or for a fun day before break activity!
This Free Download Includes:
• Lesson Overview
• Detailed Lesson Plan
• Fable Story Parts
• Reading Comprehension Questions
• Teamwork and Figurative Language Brainstorm
• TEAM Letters for a Pennant Activity
• Integrated TEAMWORK Bookmark Activity (1 of 4 parts of the bookmark included. See the other Spiral Studies stops for the 3 other FREE bookmark printable sheets!)
Check this out!
This resource is part of the Spiral Studies series and can be taught alone or as an integrated theme across subjects!
. As you know, integration leads to greater student engagement, deeper understanding, and higher-order thinking skills for our students. However, coordinating integration across multiple subject areas can be quite an undertaking. That’s where Spiral Studies comes in. We’re a group of TpT teacher-authors and we’ve combined our expertise to make absolutely turn-key integrated units for you and/or your team. If you’d like to turn this lesson into an integrated unit we’d suggest working with your team (or independently if you teach multiple subject areas) and checking out the Spiral Studies team building FREEBIES in each of our stores.
About the Integration Option
The teacher-authors from Math Giraffe
, Kate’s Classroom Café
, History Gal
, and I have teamed up to create engaging, rigorous, and interactive integrated units
that can be easily implemented in middle school classrooms. We call them SPIRAL STUDIES.
A FREE teamwork activity for each subject area can be downloaded in each one of our stores. Included with each FREE download is one part of a teamwork bookmark that can be used following a cross-curricular day of team-building fun!
Where can I get the other subject area lessons to go with this?
• FREE Science Teamwork Activity
• FREE Social Studies Teamwork Activity
• FREE Math Teamwork Activity
You may also like…
• Reading Comprehension Skills – Mini-Units
- Context Clues, Inferences, Cause and Effect, Main Idea, Sequencing, and Predicting
• 20 Creative Reading Response Activities
• Myth Study and Writing Unit
- Includes both an integrated and stand-alone version of the unit
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the red “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
Brain Waves Instruction