This activity is a team building activity similar to the escape rooms. It can be done in one large room or a combination of inside a classroom and outside. If multiple classes are involved, more space will be needed so that there can be duplicates of the same station.
If Classcraft is used as a classroom management system, the teams and rolls align with it.
Each team must have at least one person as each role. If there are more than one, they must work together or each complete the task.
For added fun, each team member will decorate an item to wear during the quest.
• Mage: felt mask
• Warrior: cloth armband
• Healer: foam bracelet
Each team will compete to be the first to complete the quest and get to the treasure. There will be 5 tasks to complete along the way:
1. Outside the door: a math puzzle (magic square) to “open the door and enter”
2. Tangrams: Mages describe an object so their team can reconstruct 2 tangram puzzles
3. Charades: Healers are under a spell and cannot speak, they must use charades to get their team to say the magic word to unlock the spell
4. Assisted Reach: Warriors must reach an object without stepping out of the circle with the help of their team. The team must work together to achieve this feat. Each warrior on the team must complete this separately.
5. Team works together to solve the riddle. One word in the answer will open the lock on the treasure chest.
Time: 60-90 minutes
This works best in groups of 3-5. Some extra supplies and prep needed for this activity. Most can be kept for future use.