Tears of a Tiger Part 1 (Chapters 1-6) Activity Bundle
This is a free sample of my Tears of a Tiger Entire Activity Bundle which sells for only $8.99:and can be found here:
This is a very comprehensive bundle of instructional resources and activities related to Part 1 of the novel, Tears of a Tiger by Susan Draper. I have also provided Word and PDF versions as well as answer sheets for all activities. This covers pages 1-16 of the novel (Crash, Fire, Pain; Hit the Showers; Oh No! It Just Can’t Be!; Memories of Fire; Dear Lord; and My Most Frightening Moment).
This bundle includes,
1) An active reading scavenger hunt
This is an active reading scavenger hunt with a total of 25 questions where students actively hunt for information and analyze the text while they read the story. It also engages the students by enhancing enjoyment, and understanding. It focuses on important events and twists in plot, vocabulary, and conflicts. It also highlights important examples of figurative language found in the story. My scavenger hunts are always a hit with my high school kids.
2) A Word Detective/Word Attack vocabulary activity for Chapters 1 and 2
This is a word detective-word attack and close reading Vocabulary Activity. Your students act as vocabulary detectives and use their word attack skills to determine the meaning of each new word in context. First students read actual passages and dialogues from the story and use contextual clues to determine the meaning and part of speech of each new word. They must provide at least one synonym for each new word. Then they use a thesaurus or dictionary to check their comprehension and find more synonyms for each word.
3) Tears of a Tiger Part 1 Crossword Puzzle
This is a challenging and comprehensive crossword puzzle related to the characters, events and vocabulary in Part 1 of this great novel,
I have included both the crossword weaver and PDF versions of the puzzle as well as an answer puzzle. It is very comprehensive and a great assessment activity
I have also included the crossword clues to make it easier to edit and recreate your own puzzle.
4) Tears of a Tiger Part 1 Figurative Language Workshop, Worksheet, and Implied Figurative Language Graphic Organizer.
a) This includes a figurative language workshop which teaches your students the concepts of figurative language such as simile, metaphor, personification, hyperbole, euphemism, and synecdoche. It also has a 23 example figurative language quiz and worksheet and a ten example graphic organizer and worksheet that covers implied figurative language. Both of these resources use actual text from the story.
5) A comprehensive step by step lesson plan which is aligned to the United States Common Core Standards and Benchmarks. There is a journal topic and other pre-reading activities as well as post reading questions on the story and on DWI driving and laws in our community. The students are asked to use the Internet or to interview a policeman or other community official.
I don’t think that you will find a more comprehensive and fun bundle for this story anywhere.
Again the whole bundle can be found here:
You can also access my store at