This is a curriculum document for an 18-week course titled Technical & Applied Writing. The course is designated for juniors and seniors in high school.
The document is divided into five separate units:
1. Letter Writing (+ Intro to the Writing Process)
2. Workplace Skills and Exploration
3. Writing within the Company
4. Academic and Professional Integrity
5. Writing for the Public
Each unit identifies the following:
1. Representative skills developed (extracted from Common Core standards)
2. Key representative learning activities (all linked to specific Common Core strands)
3. Key topics/ideas covered
4. Essential questions for exploration
5. Technology inclusion
6. Estimated duration in weeks
To be clear, this item is solely a curriculum document; there are no supplemental materials. My intent in posting this is to help folks who are in the process of writing curriculum and aligning it to Common Core standards.
The document could be modified to accommodate freshmen and sophomores.