This completely original Crossword Puzzle should take most middle schoolers one period or so, if they work in pairs or small groups. For Advanced or older students, you can remove the Word Bank. 24-clues.
Agricultural Age, Computer, Crops, Economy, Factories, Globalization, Industrial Age, Information Age, Internet, Knowledge, Livestock, Manufacturing, Mass, Money, Nanotechnology, Phone, Plow, Production, Radio, Specialization, Steam Engine, Technology, Trains, Transportation.
6. When the economy is based on knowledge.
9. Facts, info & skills acquired by a person.
10. Becoming an expert in one thing, like in a factory.
11. A powerful device that heats water to do things.
12. Places where people work to make things.
1. When machine power replaced muscle power.
2. Moving products or animals from place to place.
3. Animals used for food.
4. A global network that provides info.
5. Economy based on growing crops & livestock.
This is based on content from Technological Interactions, 3rd Edition, but the book is certainly not needed.