In need of lessons that have students learn cool new websites or applications? Want students to be independent learners? These projects are great for trying something new in the classroom, and are also great for activities to give students when you are absent!
This package includes 10 different technology exploration lessons. These lessons allow students to learn a new websites, or technology device while using their creative side. The lessons come with step by step instructions on how to learn the website or application along with instructions on the tasks they need to complete. Every website or application is free for educators.
These lessons can take 1 day or they can take up to weeks depending on how in depth you would like your students to work on these projects. Total the whole bundle will take up to 1 semester if you have a class participate in every project.
1. Powtoon Website- Students Create A Short Film About Their Future Plans
2. Piktochart- Students create a technology timeline over the device or their choice.
3. Music Creation- Download Mixcraft to have students create their own digital music.
4. GIF Aminations- Download GIMP Application to have students learn how to make picture animations.
5. Wikis- Students learn the basics on how to create a website.
6. SketchUp- Download this application and students will create 3-D models pf their dream business.
7. Scratch- Download this program to have students learn how to use block coding to create movies, games, and animations.
8. Scavenger Hunt- a worksheet that has students go online and find information that has them learn about computers.
9. Podcasts- Download Audacity to have students create podcasts over current events.
10. 3-D Design- Students create their own personal 3-D using the free website Tinker Cad. If you have a 3-D printer students can print their designs after this unit.
These are all lessons designed to have student explore new technology while being able to be independent learners. We have used them in our own classroom for 3 years now and our students love it!