Products in this Bundle (15)
showing 1-5 of 15 products
180 Spiral Review Technology Lessons that teach presentation, word processing, and spreadsheet software over 36 sessions for each grade level. These will make a great addition to your technology curriculum for the computer lab. I'm providing you all of the files to build into assignments in your Learning Management System. Almost everything is editable!
This bundle includes grades 1-5. Check out each grade level's previews for even more information!
What is included in each set of 12 lessons:
4 lessons for each type of software
- Google Docs, Microsoft Word, and Apple Pages
- Google Slides, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Apple Keynote
- Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, and Apple Numbers
Customizable for whatever software version you have, for a total of 36 weeks of lessons per grade level.
Having 4 weeks of lessons for each type of software lets your students really become comfortable with it, and then reviewing the same program 2 more times during the school year means students won't forget it - spiral review.
Editable Lesson Plans:
• Mini lesson directions to help you explain each lesson and skill to your students (you'll probably want to make a screencast for your students based on the specific version of the software program and the device they use but you can give a live demo instead if you want)
• I Can Statements
• Lesson components
• Assessments (provided in Google Forms)
• Space for reflection
Editable Daily Messages:
• Lesson Title
• I Can Statements
• Lesson Question
• Space for you to add screenshots of your software program
Student Templates Provided
•Templates are provided in BOTH Google Apps and Office 365 for your convenience.
*If you’re using Apple Software then the Office 365 will convert to it.
•Formative assessment questions provided as editable Google Forms
1. These lessons are the main activity for a class. I recommend planning a warm up activity (like 10 minutes of typing) and early finisher activities (here are sites you can use). You’re likely going to have some students complete the lesson in 15-20 minutes and others that will still be working when you say time is up.
2. In the lesson plans you’ll see me talk about screencasts you could make. If you’ve never made them before, check out this blog post to learn more about it. Screencasts are a game changer!
4. The assessments are optional but will be helpful if technology is a graded subject. If you’re new to teaching technology and curious about grading these skills, read this blog post.
WHO NEEDS THESE TECHNOLOGY LESSONS?
These software lessons are perfect for technology teachers, classroom teachers, media specialists, STEM teachers, or homeschool parents who want their students to know how to use technology to create content. By mastering these software programs, students will feel comfortable doing anything you ask them to do with it.
WHY SPIRAL REVIEW?
We use spiral review in other content areas to make sure students remember important information, so why not do the same with technology skills? These software lessons are done in sets of 4 for each program and then we come back to the same skill 2 more times throughout the school year.
Still have questions? Please ask them before purchasing.
Need Kindergarten Lessons? Try one of these:
Copyright © Brittany Washburn 2020.
Downloading this file entitles you to ONE classroom use. You may use this with multiple classes but may not share with any other teachers. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. If multiple licenses are needed for use my more than one teacher or in more than one computer lab, send them here to download the file.
If you're interested in connecting with other technology teachers, check out the Technology Teacher Talk Group on Facebook.
Connect with me on social media!