Five simple “I can” statements for setting classroom or lab expectations for technology use (for use with multiple types of technology, such as: iPads, Smartboards, Whiteboards, Laptops, or Computers.) Each statement is framed on a different color iPad using five basic colors: blue, red, green, yellow, and orange.
1) I can use clean hands. (Wash or use germ-x first)
2) I can be gentle. (Talk about proper way to use whiteboards, iPads, or computers: no shaking, dropping, slamming, punching, etc.)
3) I can work with others. (Sharing, taking turns, cooperation, synergizing)
4) I can do the right thing. (Staying on the correct app or web site, safe web surfing, being proactive)
5) I can ask for help. (What to do when you get stuck, frustrated, or confused)
I did not include "I can sit when using an iPad." This is not a requirement in my classroom. However, if this is an expectation in your classroom, you can talk about sitting when you discuss "being gentle" or "doing the right thing".