Social Studies activities to teach about Technology and the changes that have occurred. Activities include:
1. Technology definition and sheet for students to identify examples of different kinds of technology
2. Students show a "Day in the life of __________" writing about technology used that day.
3. Journal prompt - Students write whether they would like/dislike a day without technology
4. Anchor chart - Students pick a technology and give examples of positive and negative impacts. (car, iPad, computer, and airplane)
5. Class booklet - Each student designs a page to show what technology was like then and now. If you don't want to make a book you could make a poster.
6. Pocket chart sort - Put up the headings (Then and Now) and students can sort the cards.
7. Fun pages - show how students might get to school in the future or a plan for an invention they feel would make life easier.
8. Additional pages - foldable and word cards to help with spelling (communication, cooking, shelter, entertainment, transportation, clothing, recreation, school)
If you have any questions or suggestions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org