These themed writing centers are a great way to get your young emergent writers excited about writing! By keeping the same format throughout the year, it relieves some of the teaching pressures from the teacher and allows this center to run smoothly and independently. Each one of my writing centers will include the following:
1. Word Cards with pictures related to a theme (bee, strawberry, cake, blanket, grapes, ice cream, popcorn, apple, plate, basket, sandwich, ant, bench, watermelon, teddy bear, honey).
2. Trace, cut, and glue worksheet to practice 8 of the new words.
3. Emergent readers with sight word practice cards. These are available in both color and black and white (for coloring).
4. Tracing strips with the pictures and words on them (in color).
5. Themed writing paper. There will be 2 lined pages and 2 unlined pages. Print these out in color
Sight words in this reader: I, have, a, here
Check out the video for easy assembly instructions for the emergent readers!
Want more writing centers? Browse through my writing centers below: