Take the Teddy Grahams Challenge by Meredith Avren, M.Ed., CCC-SLP (aka the Peachie Speechie !) This activity was designed to be used with real Teddy Grahams crackers. You can use the black and white version and have your students color the bears if you would prefer.
I developed this activity for use in my speech room with my articulation groups. You can easily adapt this activity to focus on math facts, sight words, or pretty much anything!
** A little note about making this challenge: I make a lot of these challenges, and I am usually able to fit 100 items on a page pretty easily. This was not the case with Teddy Grahams!! They are bigger than I had remembered so it was quite difficult to squeeze 100 on there. For this reason, I made two mats. I squeezed 100 on a page but they looked quite crowded. So I also made a 50-bear mat that can be used instead. I still require my students to say their sound 100 times, but they have to say their sound twice in order to earn a teddy graham.**
1 - Instruction sheet
2 - Color Teddy Grahams Challenge sheet with 100 little bear pictures on it
3 - Black and White version of the Challenge sheet
4 - Color Teddy Grahams Challenge sheet with 50 little bear pictures on it
5 - Black and White version of the 50-bear Challenge sheet
6 - "I took the challenge" slips - slips of paper for the students to take home that explains the activity (and why they have a bag of Teddy Grahams in their backpack!)
Here is how it works:
(1) I challenge my students to say their target speech sound 100 TIMES in one session.
(2) I give each student a copy of the Teddy Grahams Challenge sheet
(3) I place a bowl of Teddy Grahams in the middle of the table
(4) Each time a student says an accurate production of their speech sound, they get a teddy graham to place over one of the bear pictures on their sheet (when using the 50-bear mat, they need to say their sound twice to earn a bear)
(5) Their goal is to have 100 accurate productions
(6) At the end of the session, I pass out plastic ziplock bags and the students dump their earned teddy grahams into the bag and take it home with them as a treat!
I hope you enjoy this beary-fun freebie! Please pretty please leave feedback if you like it!
Want more freebies and ideas for the classroom? Follow me on instagram: @thepeachiespeechie or check out my blog: www.PeachieSpeechie.com or "like" my Peachie Speechie facebook page!
P.S. The adorable teddy bear clip art was done by my husband Anchor Art Man - visit his TPT store for tons of cute clip art!