Also included in
- Interpreting nonverbal language and social cues are essential for communication. This includes: body language, facial expressions, body posture, and tone. We must recognize these nonverbal cues and make inferences about a situation and how a person feels.By purchasing this bundle with all five re$37.60$55.50Save $17.90
Teach your students how to interpret nonverbal language and social cues. This includes: body language, facial expressions, body posture, and tone. These skills are essential for communication. We must recognize these nonverbal cues and make inferences about a situation and how a person feels.
• Appropriate for teenage students.
• Works great for students with autism.
• Students that need help identifying their emotions.
• Also effective for students that need to practice perspective taking and identifying how others feel.
• Students read about 20 scenarios that include real photographs.
• Students are provided with a little bit of background information before looking at the photograph.
• Then students must look at the nonverbal cues along with the background information to answer the questions.
• The background information is purposefully ambiguous so that students may draw their own conclusions.
• Students learn how to recognize nonverbal cues that includes body language and facial cues.
• Encourages written expression.
Nonverbal Language Activities:
• 20 scenarios (Color)
• 20 scenarios (Black/White)
• 1 Bonus (Color and Black/White)
• Answer Key
• How a person feels
• Facial cues
• Situational contexts
• Answer comprehension questions
The use of real photos will help increase your students' understanding of nonverbal cues.
These activities are meant for middle school and high school students. The scenarios include, but are not limited to; dating, hanging out with friends, social media, texting, school, studying, health, and helping others.
Please take a minute of your time to leave feedback after purchasing this product and using it in your classroom. You earn one TPT credit for every dollar you spend that can be applied toward future TpT purchases. Also, click here to follow me to be notified when new products are uploaded and check out The Artsy SLP Blog for tips and ideas.
You may also enjoy these Teen Social Skills Activities:
Bundle and Save! Social Skills for Teens Bundle
You may also enjoy these Social Skills activities:
Bundle and Save! Feelings, Emotions, and Social Skills Bundle