Help develop strong oral and written storytelling skills in your classroom with the help of this useful writing center!
Designed with early writers in mind, use just the three type of picture cards (where? who? what?) as visual support to prompt rich oral storytelling or combine their use with our helpful templates and writing sheets to capture their narratives as they begin writing.
Here's what's included -
- 45 different setting cards (where) - picture + text 6 per A4 page
- 57 different character cards (who) - picture + text 6 per A4 page
- 54 different event cards (what) - picture + text 6 per A4 page
- 'Tell Me A Story' mats (colored boxes only) - 4 versions A4 page
- 'Tell Me A Story' mat (colored boxes and writing space) - 4 versions A4 page
- 'Tell Me A Story' writing page with space for illustration plus checklist for editing
To use -
You will need to have an up to date version of an PDF Reader like Adobe Reader installed on your computer to open this resource.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
For more teaching ideas, freebies and resources click on the ★ Follow Me ★ on my stores homepage.
How can I earn TPT credits to use on future purchases?
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me improve current (and future) products to best meet your needs.
Please e-mail me at email@example.com with any questions
writing center | oral language skills | narrative writing | narratives | recounts | literacy centres | literacy rotation | literacy center | daily 5 | creative writing | silly stories | storytelling | literacy groups | you clever monkey