Thank you for looking at this Expressive and Receptive Language Activity Pack!
It's a guessing game style activity, which aims to help students to:
* develop their ability to use language to describe and explain –
through the use of adjectives and descriptors
* develop and strengthen their vocabulary and semantic word
knowledge – by being able to identify objects from given
clues about it’s features.
The activity also aids development of attention and listening skills and auditory memory.
The game is intended for us by a Speech and Language Pathologist during therapy sessions.
Included within this pack:
* Instructions for activity set up + picture for clarity
* Describing Coins (10 in total)
* Prompting Squares (7 in total)
* Card Deck (72 cards in total – 36 word only, 36 with visual
* 1 information page about describing
* 10 information cards about each coin- useful for teaching
about each concept (9 are half a page, 1 is full page).
* Graphic organizers-
1 x mind-map layout for describing (4 copies- color and BW)
1 x mind-map layout for prompting squares (4 copies- color and BW)
2 x example pages of completed mind-maps
* 2 x data collection sheets
I hope you have fun using this with your students.
It is for individual, personal use, by you, in your classroom/therapy sessions only.
You are free to print off your own copies to use with your students, but please do not sell, share or claim as your own.
If you want to link to this product, that is fine to do so, but please let me know either via the blog, Facebook or email- firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more ideas, inspiration and resources…
Check out our blog, The SLT Scrapbook
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Pinterest
You might also like:
Prepositions Activity; Monkeying Around
Understanding Emotions Pack- Full of Feelings
Reading Comprehension Worksheets
Be sure to leave feedback so you earn your TpT credits! (this gives you money off at the checkout!)