This product could probably be more accurately called, “Retell me a Fable” since that’s the standard, but that doesn’t quite have the jingle of “Tell me a Fable” now does it?
This product is designed to give the teacher multiple resources for teaching RL.2.2: “Recount stories, including fables and folktales from diverse cultures, and determine their central message, lesson, or moral.”
This product features 6 fables, but several of the resources can be used with any fable.
Fables highlighted in this product:
• The Lion and the Mouse
• The Ant and the Grasshopper
• The Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing
• The Fox and the Grapes
• The Eagle and the Fox
• The Boy Who Cried Wolf
This product contains:
• Fables Can/Have/Are Poster (With directions for printing as a poster)
• 2 Fable Moral Recording Poster (One with fable titles included, one blank)
• 7 Story Maps: Students describe the beginning, middle, and end as well as the moral of the story. (One for each story, and one blank- to be used with any story)
• 6 Sheets of Fable Story Element Matching Cards: Students sort the title, setting, characters, problem, solution, and moral (one set per fable)
• 6 Fable Retell Strips: Students cut apart strips and put them in order. Students may self-check by flipping over the strips to reveal a picture.
• 6 Fable Retell Worksheets: Students cut out the events and glue them in order. A space to record the moral is provided.
As you can see this product provides students with many methods to retell fables. They can be used in small groups, with a partner, or independently. This product lends itself to differentiation since some methods may work better for different students and some methods are more challenging than others.
What this product IS NOT:
A bunch of fluff with a few good resources designed to make you think you are getting more than you are paying for
What this product IS:
Useful resources that you will be eager to use with instructions and ideas for how to implement them in your classroom (35 pages of this product are the actual printables you will use with your students. 7 pages are full of directions and lesson ideas!)
Includes adorable clip art from melonheadz making the manipulatives engaging for students!
Don’t forget to check out the preview!