PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
0.45 MB | 11 pages
This is the most common interview question, and often the first one asked.
This guide has everything you need to coach students for one of the most popular job interview questions.
Full, 50-minute lesson plan including:
1. Unique Icebreaker
2. Good/Bad Answer Role Playing Activity for a humorous segue into talking about this question.
3. “Tell Me a Little About Yourself” Informative reading passage which includes why this question is asked, answers to avoid, strategies and example answers. Use as a lecture tool or reading passage with entire class.
4. List of 75+ Positive Personality Traits - saves precious class time as students do not have to think or research if they have not been asked this kind of question before.
5. Easy-to-follow student activity which includes response templates for students with "No Experience" and students with "Some Experience."
6. Bonus Extra Credit Challenge with unique sentence stems you can use when answering this question. Use as an extension activity or for extra credit!
This lesson has been found to be tried and true in my SDC classroom in Mountain View, CA!
****If you like career readiness curriculum, you might also like:****